April 1, 2009

Survivor Retreat

We had a great time this past weekend at our first Survivor Retreat with the church. It was suppose to be held at the camp but because of the tornadoes that were predicted, they decided to have it at the church instead. Of course the weather was fine both Friday night and Saturday (crazy weathermen). Friday night was a devotional and then a picking of the teams. Ryan, the kids and I were on team Sheep. We also had our first challenge that night. It was called Rahabs spies. Each team had to hide two players and then everyone would go and look for them. Alex and I hid for our team and we were never found - yeah team! However, by the time the game was over, we crawled out from the bottom pantry shelf and my legs were asleep and my neck was killing me. (Definitely getting old!) We stayed until about 12:30 and then went back home to sleep (sleeping on the floor did not sound appealing to me). We came back Saturday morning and stayed all day. We had more devotionals and challenges. We also had classes for the guys, girls, and kids. Katie did a great job with our class. I think everyone had a really good time and even though my family isn't going to Lads to Leaders this year, it was great to study the book of Joshua. There are so many things in that book that I had forgotten. Everyone in charge of the retreat did a great job! Can't wait for next year!

No comments: