April 4, 2012

Maddie turns 6!

My Maddie girl turned 6 today! I really can't believe how big she is getting. Every year when I look back I am both sad and excited to see just how much she has grown. We had a birthday party on Saturday since family was going to be in town for the ballgames. I had asked Maddie weeks ago what kind of party she wanted and she told me Hello Kitty, and I think everyday since then it changed. Finally last Wednesday I said "Maddie you are going to have to tell me what kind of party you want so that I can buy plates and napkins and make a cake." To that she replied "you know my favorite flower, violets, well I want a purple party with flowers and small jars with purple flowers in them." Ok, I can do that...
Here's Maddie with her purple flower cake.
Here is her birthday table. Notice the small jars with purple flowers.
The purple flowers she picked out!
We even had Grapico to go along with our purple theme (oh, how I love themes!)
Here she is on her actual birthday (yesterday). I let her skip school (yes, I am that kind of mom) and we went to Build-A-Bear where she built a rabbit named Flopsy. We had a great time!!!

No comments: