December 10, 2009

34 weeks!

I'm 34 weeks pregnant today! Hopefully I'll make it to 40 weeks, however it's not looking good. This pregnancy has definitely been eventful, unlike Ian and Maddie's. Besides being sick the first two months or so, last week I cracked a rib. Because they can't do an xray the doctors are not sure how bad the rib is or if it is even cracked, it could be a torn muscle. However, the theory is that the baby kicked me and there is a small crack on my 11th rib. Also, I was told that I will more than likely re-injure myself during labor, so that is something to look forward to :) I have also been having painful contractions, so when I went for my regularly scheduled appointment yesterday they decided to go ahead and check me. I looked good and the baby's heartbeat was 144. However, they told me that I am 1 cm dilated and 25% effaced. So the doctor gave me strict orders to do nothing for the next two weeks. They want me to at least get to 36 weeks before I have the baby. She said that even though I am 1 cm I could still go until my due date, however, the look of worry on her face and all the instructions she gave me did not reassure me. Who knows...maybe we will have Christmas baby :) As long as the baby is healthy I don't care when he comes. My next appointment is next week, so please keep me and the baby in your prayers!

No comments: