December 18, 2009

Christmas questions...

Ok, I have been a mom for a little while now and with a 4 (almost 5 year old), 3 year old and one on the way, I am definitely no expert. And I find that this year it is particularly hard to know what to do or say when certain questions are thrown my way by the kids.

#1 - Is it ok to tell your kids that the reason why the Grinch has termites in his teeth is because he eats junk food and doesn't brush them?

#2 - When you go into a store and there is a nativity scene and your son jumps on the cow and pretends he is riding it like a bull, is it ok to laugh? (By the way, Hobby Lobby really should have their nativity scene off the floor.)

#3- What do you say when your child ask if God gives Santa gifts or does Santa give God gifts? After all, he reminds you, "God is so good" as the song says.

#4- Or what about when you are trying to explain the song "All I Want for Christmas is You" and of course you are listening at night and Delilah comes on so your kids think that Delilah sings the song and they want to go see her because all she wants for Christmas is to see us. I don't even know where Delilah lives!

#5 - How about when your child is insistent on buying Santa a gift because everyone gives him cookies (by the way, thanks Dora the explorer) and your suggestion of drawing him a picture just isn't good enough. oh, and the present he wants to get Santa is a fiddle.

With one week to go, I'm sure that these are not the last of the questions that I will be faced with, however these might just be easier than the questions that will be coming when the baby arrives :) Wish me luck!


No comments: