February 29, 2012

picture for mommy!


Maddie always draws pictures for me. It's one of my favorite things! When I pick her up from school I ask her what she did that day and I'll go through her schoolwork. She always has lots of drawings, some from other kids to her, some from her to other kids, even some for her daddy and I always look at them and secretly wonder if there is going to be one for me. I remember months ago when she practiced for days to draw a heart so that she could give me a picture with one on it. It was so sweet and I think I cried when she handed it to me. And I keep them all even against Ryan's wishes. He thinks we should just take a picture of her picture and keep it on the computer, but there is just something about having the actual piece of artwork. Like reading an actual book - it's just comforting.Well, this is the picture she gave me yesterday and it's one of my favorites so far, complete with bees, flowers, bugs and even a worm. I could hang these things all over my house! I love my Maddie girl!

No comments: