January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Ian!

I can't believe my baby boy is 4 today. Time goes by so fast! It seems like just yesterday Ryan and I were walking the beach in Biloxi, wondering what our little boy was going to look like. Of course, he was suppose to be born on the 1st, so we
spent the next 10 days driving over railroad tracks, walking around our apartment complex, and eating mexican hoping that any of those things would work, but nothing did so I was induced. My mom and dad took me to the hospital that morning at 6:00 because Ryan had a test at 8:00, he was in tech school at the time. He got to the hospital about 8:30. I think he hurried through the test because we just knew that Ian would be here by 10am, but he was not. He was also not here at 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm. In fact, everyone scheduled to give birth that day had already come and gone, and we were still waiting. But, after 2 1/2 hours of pushing (and the nurses cheering), he arrived at 11:35pm. He was beautiful! We didn't know what to do at first (like most new parents), but we eventually figured it out. He has grown so much since then. He's his own little person. His favorite toy is his trains, he loves to play the guitar and lead songs at church. He would wear blue jeans, white t-shirts, and his Lightening McQueen shoes every day if we would let him. He is so special and I can't imagine what life would be like without him. God has blessed us so much!

No comments: