January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

Is it too late to say it? It's only the 8th of January so surely it's not. I thought I should blog about the new year before I blog about Ian's birthday in a couple of days. I don't know if I make resolutions or if I just have ideas of things I want to accomplish, but I do try to take the first few days of the new year and look back at the past year and reflect on things that I could've done different or should've done different and think about what I can do to better myself in the coming year. Also, (for a little pick me up) I like to remember the things that I thought I did well. This past year a lot changed for us. Ryan separated from the Air Force and we left our home, our church, our friends and everything our kids have known for the last three years and moved back to Alabama (and we miss it all so much). But I feel lucky because Ryan started a new job which he loves, we have bought our first house, we get to see our families a lot more, and we've made some really good friends here. Also, Ian played soccer for the first time (very exciting especially when he danced) and Maddie's personality really began to shine and she started talking and talking and talking :). However, with all the excitement and rush I feel somehow that I didn't stop and take it all in. So, with that said, this year is the stop and smell the roses year. I'm not really sure how exactly I am going to accomplish this, but I feel certain that I will figure it out along the way.

1 comment:

Paul said...

We're glad you guys are here! Ian is playing soccer and Ryan is going to help coach next year again, right?